"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Signs of Spring

Spring is officially upon us!  Although word has it that the temperature will be dropping again in the next few days, you can't deny it, Winter is over at last.  We spent most of this week outside enjoying the sunshine.  We even went to the zoo!  

 We found this hat in a collection of hand me downs we received from one of my mom's co-workers.  It rocks.  I like that it is stretchy so it stays on Henry's head.   Here we are checking out the penguins swimming by the window (see the tail)?
 But of course, this entry would not be complete without a hat that mommy made.  This hat in honour of spring:
 We even found some little flowers to pose next to!  This is in my Mother's front garden.  My garden also appears to have some daffodils that bloomed this week!  So exciting.
 I couldn't find a suit to match the hat, but it's probably less embarrassing this way.
In other exciting news, Henry got his first tooth this weekend!  I was totally not expecting it, but he smiled at my during bath time on Thursday and there it was!  That first tooth sprouting up on his gums.  Since then it's cut all the way through and is now a razor-sharp addition to his little mouth.  All things considered, he coped like a little champ.  My sweet little boy!

Keep an eye out for some awesome Easter themed hats coming up in the next few weeks!  I've also been instructed to throw in some manly hats, so stay tuned for those as well.

Gillian

No comments: