"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Friday, March 16, 2012

Pot of Gold

St. Patrick's Day is upon us.  Green clothes, green beer, leprechauns, Pots of gold and four leaf clovers are everywhere you look and everyone is celebrating their Irish heritage, no matter how distant it is.  

St. Patty's day got me thinking about four leaf clovers.  I've heard some people don't think four leaf clovers exist.  I can assure you they do.  My sister has a strange knack for finding them.  She inherited this ability from my Old Oma who could also walk through a field of grass and find multiple four leaf clovers.  I did some reading, apparently there are 10,000 three leaf clovers for every one four leaf clover. I've watched Chrissy pick out 10 four leaf clovers in as many minutes.  I myself find them occasionally, but Chrissy finds them with reckless abandon.  

Enough about clovers.  Onto the hat.  It was so beautiful outside today.  When I looked out my window, I saw a little leprechaun with a pot of gold:


Funny, right?  Or cheesy, whatever.  It was hard to get a picture of this little munchkin looking at the camera because he was way more interested in nature.  

 Hmm, what's this?  (actually I think it's part of a shrub which collapsed in the winter and is now mushed into the dirt in the garden because I put his bumbo on it).


Finally he looks at me!  I was going to go all lame this week and buy him a leprechaun hat, but then GG said (and I quote) "Everyone's waiting to see what you come up with this week"  Thanks Ma, no pressure right.  In the end, I was glad I made one myself, this hat turned out pretty cute, I made it with no pattern and only a vague plan and hope that it would work out.  Looks like it was my lucky day (must've been a four leaf clover).

G.

No comments: