"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Sunday, March 4, 2012

King of the Jungle

It was only after I put last week's post up that I realized the frog hat was even more appropriate than I imagined, what with it being a leap year this year.  Thank you subconscious.

This week's hat was requested by Trevor.  He said March is coming in like a lion (or winter is going out like one) so we need a lion hat.  Once I completed the hat and showed it to him, he immediately regretted requesting it and told me he is worried that the kids are going to tease Henry for all his awesome hats some day.  I find this unlikely, and once he's in school, we'll tone the hats down a little.  Might as well put him in the funny hats while he is too young to protest, right?

For this hat I did the usual crochet base then added ears and a mane as well as some earflaps with braids to match so it looks like an extension of the mane.  I think it turned out pretty cute.

Trevor thinks this hat looks like Luna's Gryffindor hat in Harry Potter:


I think he's exaggerating.  It's nowhere near that outrageous.  Here we go, you can judge for yourselves:


Checking out the weird plant.  Then we had a minor fail which resulted in the next image:


Help me dad!  There was also a certain kitty cat trying to photobomb us the whole time (please note, the photobomb link can be NSFW so beware if you decide to click).  


Henry practicing his roar (or running out of patience for the photoshoot).  I've saved the best picture for last:


Success!  Wishing you all a wonderful week!

G.


No comments: