"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Frog Prince

Since we've been dreaming of spring lately, I thought it only appropriate that we have a spring-ish themed hat this week (one that our Granny would definitely approve of).  GG on the other hand has a different opinion of frogs.  I encourage you to listen to the audio in that link, so you get the full idea, there was a spring peeper living outside my parents home for weeks last year, and looks like the time is soon arriving when he'll be back!  

This hat was pretty simple, I just made a beanie and added eyes and a mouth.  I was going to put earflaps on it, but I ran out of yarn.  I've been sticking with the crocheted hats because they lend themselves beter to caricatures than knitted hats (crocheting holds its form better).  I'm beginning to wonder what we're going to do in the summer when it's too hot for hats.  I suppose we could just pose with them.  Anyone have any good ideas for summer hats we could create?  

Today I had a smiley little "snack pirate,"  enjoy! 

 Henry's eyes look a little like frog eyes here:

Froggy pose!

No comments: