"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Friday, August 3, 2012

Henry the Great

Lately I've been reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.  If this doesn't sound familiar to you, perhaps you know the series better in it's television incarnation: True Blood.

I've only really watched the first season in it's entirety, but I've read the novels up to book 7 so far and I must admit, I am totally team Eric, forget Bill, Sam, Alcide, or anyone else.  Something about a giant Viking seems appealing to me.

Of course this isn't my first time being interested in Vikings or Viking related things, I also enjoy dragons, celtic patterns, Thor.

When I searched "baby boy hat" on pinterest this week, I saw without a doubt the hat we would be doing this week.  So in honour of Eric the (former) Viking:

Practicing his warrior face:

War hammer (or a totally baby-proof rubber mallet, whatever):


Serious business:


How's this face Ma?:


Pattern courtesy www.etsy.com/shop/mamachee

So there we have it.  My cute little man (who is quickly becoming a not so little man).

Have a great long weekend everyone!

No comments: