"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Friday, July 20, 2012

Yarrr Matey!

Ahoy mateys!

Henry and I have been housesitting for my parents the past week.  It's been a good time, the weather has been great and the dogs mostly well behaved.  Being away from home presented some challenges when it came to hat making this week (such as no white glue in the house, what's up with that)?  

I decided on a pirate hat for this week.  While researching, I learned that the type of hat I was thinking of when I imagined what it was going to look like is called a tricorn.  Who knew?  Not to be confused with the bicorn hat made popular by Napoleon Bonaparte.  

I also came across a great tutorial on how to create such a hat.  At first, I thought it was going to be a lot of work, but upon closer investigation, it didn't actually look so bad.  It involved some stretching of felt over a bowl, and or course the aforementioned white glue.  I also found an awesome feather at Michaels and a red bandana to complete the look.  Oh, and an eyepatch. 

Have a look for yourselves:

Not too sure about sittin on the ground here:

Captain Henry's come ashore to check out some treasure:

Is this gold?

Mom, can we please take off this eyepatch now?

You can't really see it in these pictures, but his suit says "Captain Canine's Pirate Tours" oh Carters, always so cute and something for every occasion.  

No comments: