"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tam o'Shanter

In case you didn't know, Robbie Burns Day is coming up this week (the 25th of January).  Last year my husband and I were at an irish pub on Robbie Burns day, that, for some reason was honouring Robbie Burns (even though he was Scottish).  We had only just learned I was pregnant at this point, and were seeing one of my sisters off on her trip to the Dominican Republic.  Also interesting about this dinner, former maple leaf Glen Healey was playing bagpipes at the bar that night....weird.

A little history for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: Robert Burns was a rather famous Poet from Scotland.  One of his more famous works is a poem called Tam o'Shanter (you can see it here [as you may have guessed, I love wikipedia]).  This particular poem happens to have a hat named after it, the Tam o'Shanter cap.  I thought it would be nice to honour Robbie Burns day with a hat this week.  I got this pattern on ravelry.

Here is my serious little man:


And now my happy little man!:


One more happy one, so you can see the whole get up:


Isn't it amazing how much that smile transforms his little face?  Such a cutie if I don't say so myself!

G.

No comments: