"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Go Leafs Go!


Happy Sunday!  

Another week has gone by, I can't believe how the time is passing!  First, as promised, I've included some pictures of the fiddlehead mittens I was working on last week:

 Here is a picture of the lining (I used red baby alpaca yarn, so it's super soft)
 The pattern was easy to follow and kind of fun!  I will definitely make them again, probably sometime soon!

As the title suggests, Henry's hat this week is hockey themed.  We're hoping to give the Leafs some better luck for their game on Tuesday against Ottawa.  You can't see it so well, but Henry is also wearing his Maple Leafs sleeper in these pictures.




I knit just a basic hat this week, then I ironed on a Maple Leaf patch which I purchased on ebay some time ago with this hat in mind.  Iron on was not entirely ideal with the acrylic yarn, but I managed to get it attached with very, very minor melting involved (you can see it a little to the right of the logo in the last picture, it just looks a little shiny).  

My sweet little boy is a Leafs fan, just like his Daddy!  Go Leafs Go!

G.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I love this hat. Can you make one for Mark...I mean Joseph!!