"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Friday, May 4, 2012

My little Monster part 2

Hello everyone, 

This week I am extra organized and in fact, one hat ahead of the game, so I've decided to delight you all a day or two early with some new pictures.  I made another monster hat this week because I couldn't resist.  

Also I'm facing a new dilemma:  lack of yarn variety.  Of all the things I miss about living in the city, one of the biggest is that you can get anything anytime when you are downtown.  Here in the suburbs, I've got to plan and research and drive.  I miss the days when Romni Wools was my local yarn shop.  This week we tried out Soper Creek Yarn in Bowmanville, which was pretty good, but nothing ever compares to Romni.  If you've never been to Romni wool and are a knitter/crocheter/fibre artist of any kind, I highly recommend you go.  It's incredible.  In fact, I've included a picture of the upstairs here for you:

Yup, that's all yarn.  Not to mention there's a basement with discounted yarn.  This pic isn't even an illusion, the place is that big, with that much yarn.  Sigh.  I'm going to have to go on a mission there sometime soon.  It's not exactly stroller friendly...I'll let you know how it goes...

Now onto the hat: 

Well, that's a nice smile Henry, but we can't see your hat or your new friend (Penelope the empathic monster, pattern courtesy Rebecca Danger [or rebeccadanger.typepad.com])

This is more like it!  Still can't quite see Penelope though

What's that sound?

Oh, hi mom, is it picture time again?

Matching ear flops:

If you have time to take a look, I've finally been working on updating my Etsy shop.  
  
Next week we'll take a break from the monsters, I have a special Mother's Day hat planned!  Hope you all have a great weekend!

G.

No comments: