"I myself have twelve hats and each one represents a different personailty" ~ Margaret Atwood

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hat's off!

I've always enjoyed knitting and crocheting.  I learned how to when I was a little girl living in Austria where it was required curriculum in school.  Many of my peers from that time gave up the handcrafting, but somehow this was something that stuck with me my whole life.  Now, after many, many years of practice (approximately 20 to be exact), I find myself quite skilled (if I do say so myself) and as such, have decided to take on a little project for this next year.

My son Henry was born on September 17th of this year.  What better way to put my mad knitting skills to use than to make little wee hats for him (and sometimes his friends)?  I thought it might be fun to make him one new hat every week for the next year.  At the end of the year, I will donate all our hats to a charity or hospital of some sort (yet to be determined).  I'll feature each hat here on this blog so you can all enjoy the photo ops with me.  I'll also share the occasional pattern when it's mine to share and direct you all to where you can find your own patterns.

With no further ado, here is a little preview of some of Henry's hats to date:
 These are both pictures of the same hat, which was his Halloween/Fall hat.
 Around 2 months, all Henry's hair fell out on the top of his head, here I have resolved that problem for him.
 Daddy and Henry with matching hats.
I will update again soon so we can get all caught up on the hat situation as it stands now, then we'll just dive right in!
Gillian

No comments: